Although nowadays there is an enormous amount of information available online, anybody with a serious interest in antiques, fine art or collectables should acquire books on their specialist area which are written by experts.
You might wonder why it is necessary to spend money when anybody can find free information on the internet. Here are a few points to consider:
- With a book, you can check the author’s qualifications to write about the subject so know you can trust the information.
- You know that specialist publishers like Antique Collectors Club only publish and distribute books with reliable information.
- Books you have at home are readily available at any time. You don’t have use search engines every time you want to check a fact and then decide which site is the most reliable.
- You can put a book right alongside an item and check details in the pictures to see if they are the same.
- A book on a specialist subject is likely to go into much greater depth than articles on a website.
- Finally, specialist books from publishers like Antique Collectors Club have only small print runs and many of the definitive books on their backlist, no longer in publication, appreciate in value.
To help you choose the books to buy, Antique Collectors Guide has done many book reviews over the years. Check them out now!